Monday, March 30, 2009

Seven Pounds not enough "Weight"??



So on Christmas Day my mother and I went to see Seven Pounds. I wasn't really sure what to think of the movie based on it's previews. I'm a huge Will Smith fan and I had to see what he could do next. The opening of the movie had me hating Will Smith's character instantly as he brutally disrespected Woody Harrelson's blind character. As the movie progressed you began to see the light being shed on this epic movie. Still, it left you with questions and playing the guessing game. As Mr. Smith began to do unordinary things for people he had no connection with, it began to all add up. When the beautiful Rosario Dawson makes her entrance into the movie it became like a fairy tale love story.

So what was the point of this movie?

As my mother and I talked after leaving the movie, we came up with many different messages this movie exemplified.. My mother, being on fire for GOD expressed biblical principals that this movie subliminally stated. As we got deeper into our conversation we both began to compare/contrast the movie with religion...

1. Seven- The number of completion (In which it took GOD to create the world)
2. When Woody Harrelson's character was being harassed, he kept his composure and didn't let the words affect him. ( The enemy/devil tries us all the time, if he is ignored there are blessings that are bestowed upon us) He received eyes for sight...
3.Sacrifice- Mr.Smith's character sacrificed his money, home, body, to do great things for people. (It's great to be a blessing to others and so Christ-Like)
4. When Mr.Smith's character went to visit the doctor who was treating the elderly lady wrong.( He missed out on a blessing because of his evil doings).. If you think no one sees you, GOD does!!!!

Along with the religious principals, they stressed the importance of not texting while driving!!

This movie deserved more then what it got. But I can't blame people for not being knowledgeable about the word of GOD!! I can only pray that people began to know who Christ is. I also encourage those who did or didn't see this movie to pick it up March 31st on DVD!!!!! Step outside your comfort zone and pay close attention to the numerous messages this great movie has....

1 comment: